Wednesday, July 11, 2018
Dear O’Gorman Junior High Families,
Happy Summer from O’Gorman Junior High School! It is hard to believe that we start school in just over a month. We anxiously await the opportunity to educate your child at OGJH. Here are a few items that may be of benefit to you as we enter the last full month of summer vacation:
- During the first week of August, you will receive our “Back-to-School Packet”. This packet will include numerous items including the OGJH August Newsletter, the OGJH Calendar, Emergency/Permission Forms, and your child’s class schedule.
- Our school calendar, in addition to all of our athletic schedules, is located at our website: ogormanjh.sfcss.org. Click on the “Calendar” banner at the top of the page. Please visit this tab for any OGJH events for the upcoming school year. You can also sign up to receive text and/or e-mail notifications.
- The school supply lists will soon be available at all area stores. You can also view and print our school supply list by visiting the OGJH website under the “Parent-Students” tab and clicking on “School Supply Lists” or by clicking here.
- The OGJH Uniform Policy is also available at the OGJH Website under the “Parents-Students” tab and by clicking on “Uniform Policy” or by clicking here.
- Physicals are not required to participate in sports at the junior high level.
Important Early School Year Dates
A couple of early dates to put on your calendar:
August 20: 7th Grade Orientation: Noon Dismissal; No school for 8th Grade Students
August 21: 8th Grade Orientation: Noon Dismissal; No school for 7th Grade Students
August 23: OGJH Parent Open House: 6:30-8:15 PM
*Fall sports (volleyball, cross country, and football) meetings for students occur during the first week of school with practice starting the second week of school. These meetings are held after school and last less than 30 minutes. Specific days for the meetings will be sent out in the coming weeks.
Welcome to Junior High Class
Through our supplemental academic programming known as the Achievement Academy, we are once again proud to offer an optional summer class called “Welcome to Junior High.” This class is open to any 7th grade or new student to O’Gorman Junior High School. The class is scheduled to run from August 6-9. The 8:00-10:00 session is full, however we still have a few spots available for the 10:30-12:30 session. In addition, because of the demand, we have added an additional session from 1:00-3:00. You can register for “Welcome to Junior High”, by clicking here. Here is a brief description of the course:
Meet new friends, practice your locker combination, walk through your class schedule, meet some of the staff, and review some of the essential reading, math, language, and study skills necessary for 7th grade! These are just a few of the things that will be part of this junior high readiness class in which indoor and outdoor games, activities, and technology are utilized to assist students in getting acquainted with students from other schools and become more familiar with the O’Gorman Junior High building and routines.
One Time Fund Time
We would like to thank everyone who has contributed to the annual One Time Fund Time (OTFT). If you have not yet donated, please consider doing so. Your efforts are instrumental in upgrading our school’s overall functionality and educational opportunities for our students. For more specific information regarding OTFT and to access the flier sent last month, click here. A reminder that this is the only fundraiser for the junior high.
Stay tuned for more updates as the school year approaches. We are excited to see you and your child soon.
Follow us on Twitter! @OGJHKnights
Make the OGJH Webpage your homepage!